Are you planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day in Houston? Let us help you make it an even better celebration!
We’ve compiled a list of the best things to do here on this occasion. These were the activities that got the most votes from our team!
Have a romantic dinner at Brasserie 19
Give credit to: tianqidang
Website: Brasserie 19
Address: 1962 W Gray St, Houston, TX 77019, United States
Contact Info: +1 713-524-1919
- Sunday & Monday – 11 AM to 9 PM
- Tuesday to Thursday – 11 AM to 10 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 11 AM to 11 PM
What better way to show your affection on Valentine’s Day than a romantic dinner? If you’re looking for an intimate setting, head on over to Brasserie 19.
This French restaurant provides a luxurious atmosphere with its chic dining room. The menu offers a range of classic dishes like steak frites, croque madame, and bouillabaisse, as well as some interesting takes on modern French fare.
- Try the Foie Gras Torchon with pickled strawberry jam, the Short Rib Stroganoff or the Coq au Vin. To finish things off, we recommend sampling one of their decadent desserts – like the Tarte Tatin or the Chocolate Pot de Crème.
Stroll through the Houston Museum District
Website: Houston Museum District
Address: 4912 Main Street Houston, TX 77002
Contact Info: 832-668-4410
If you and your special someone are looking for something a bit more low-key this Valentine’s Day, why not take a stroll through the Houston Museum District?
With over eight museums to choose from, including the Museum of Natural Science, the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, and the Houston Zoo, there’s something for everyone here.
You can have a romantic picnic in an outdoor courtyard or reminisce about past dates at one of the many fine art galleries. Plus, many of these attractions offer free or discounted admission after 5pm on Wednesdays!
- Take advantage of this opportunity to explore and spend some quality time with your sweetheart—and get some great photo ops while you’re at it! You can even take a break from sight-seeing and grab a bite to eat at one of the neighborhood’s numerous restaurants.
Catch a show at the Hobby Center
Website: The Hobby Center
Address: 800 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77002, United States
Contact Info: +1 713-315-2525
Sometimes, the best way to celebrate with your loved one is to catch a show with them. One of our favorites is the Hobby Center for Performing Arts – home to some of the best performances in town.
You can catch a Broadway show, ballet, and even a concert at this world-class theater. Spend Valentine’s Day in true style by picking up tickets to an upcoming show and enjoy tunes from some of your favorite artists!
- The Hobby Center is located right next to Discovery Green Park, so you can make an evening out of it by grabbing dinner beforehand or walking around the park afterwards.
Go on a chocolate indulgence tour
Website: Winfield’s Chocolate Bar
Address: 2411 W Alabama St, Houston, TX 77098, United States
Contact Info: +1 832-810-0471
- Sunday to Thursday – 11 AM to 9 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 10 AM to 11 PM
If you and your partner are chocoholics, then a chocolate indulgence tour through Houston is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Check out Winfield’s Chocolate Bar—one of Houston’s longest running chocolatiers. It’s the perfect place to indulge in something sweet with a loved one.
- Try their handmade truffles and classic caramels! Also, give their hot cocoa try—it will keep you both warm if it’s chilly at night.
Take a sunset stroll along Buffalo Bayou Park
Website: Buffalo Bayou Park
Address: 1800 Allen Pkwy &, Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77019, United States
Contact Info: +1 713-752-0314
Hours: Monday to Sunday – 6 AM to 11 PM
One of the best things you can do on Valentine’s Day in Houston is take a sunset stroll along Buffalo Bayou Park. You can enjoy the natural beauty by taking a peaceful walk or jog along the trails that wind through the park.
And who doesn’t love a beautiful Houston sunset at the end of a lovely day out? With its lush gardens, tranquil ponds, and wooded areas, you can create a perfect romantic evening come sunset.
- Try fishing in one of the park’s fishing ponds or visit the reflection pool and see some wildlife.
End the Night Stargazing at the George Observatory
Website: George Observatory
Address: 21901 Farm to Market Rd 762, Needville, TX 77461, United States
Contact Info: (979) 553-3400
Hours: Monday to Sunday – 8 AM to 10 PM
Ticket Price: $10
Head to the George Observatory in Brazos Bend State Park for an unforgettable stargazing experience with your favorite person. As one of the best dark-sky observatories in Texas, it offers a breathtaking view of the stars and planets in the night sky.
We advise bringing a blanket and seeing if you can pick out some of your favorite constellations. Who knows—you might even get a glimpse of spectacular shooting stars!
- Check out these attractions while you’re there: The Collins Family Observatory Telescope gallery that houses three different telescopes (perfect for viewing the night sky up close and personal)The 3,800 square foot W.L Moody Jr. Family Dark Skies Dome