Glamping is the perfect way to break away from your daily routines and enjoy nature in luxury. While there aren’t glamping spots located directly in Houston, there are many right outside of town.
We spent a few weeks going from one glamping site to the next and having one too many smores under the stars. After this, we put together a list of our top picks for glamping near Houston – with pro tips to ensure that you get the most out of your glamping experience.
1. Cameron Ranch Glamping
Website: Cameron Ranch Glamping
Address: 360 England Ln, Coldspring, TX 77331, United States
Phone: +1 979-864-9207
- Monday to Friday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday & Sunday – Closed
- $372 per night – Out Of This World Glamping Geo Dome
- $578 per night – Texas History Ranch House
Cameron Ranch Glamping is just a short drive outside town, with cozy cabins, air conditioning, private bathrooms, and fully-equipped kitchens – perfect for families.
Or, you can give their Glamping Geo Domes a try. You’ll get a chance to sleep under the stars, and a panoramic view of their pond, while still having all the comforts of home.
Cameron Ranch Glamping has grills and fire pits on each site too, to make sure you can cook up the catch of the day. There are hammocks for an afternoon nap, plenty of board games and outdoor games too, like Massive Checkers, and a projector screen for movies!
There are also plenty of outdoor activities around the campgrounds, like swimming in the nearby Lake Livingston or hiking in Sam Houston National Forest.
- Take advantage of their pizza oven! The pizza oven is perfect for making delicious custom pizzas for dinner under the stars.
2. Khushatta Hills Ranch Camp
Website: Khushatta Hills Ranch Camp
Address: 78 Donahoe Rd, Coldspring, TX 77331, United States
Phone: +1 817-991-8464
- Monday to Friday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday & Sunday – Closed
Prices: From $106 per night
Khushatta Hills Ranch Camp is just a few miles from Houston and offers luxury-resort-style camping. The campground has three glamping tents equipped with queen-sized beds, a heater and AC, a mini kitchen, and a fire pit—perfect for roasting marshmallows.
Relax on the porch or in a hammock and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. If you’re feeling competitive, there are also many games to play on the ranch, like horseshoes or the classic bean bag toss.
- Make sure to bring your own firewood and all the supplies you need for roasting marshmallows, as there isn’t a general shop on the ranch.
3. Getaway Brazos Valley
Website: Getaway Brazos Valley
Address: 17777 Deer Run Rd, Navasota, TX 77868, United States
Prices: From $132 per night
An hour away from Houston, you’ll find Getaway Brazos Valley amidst a serene forest with 46 cabins on the site. Don’t worry—the pine trees around each cabin still give you a private experience.
Enjoy the comfort of your private cabin, which comes with a queen-size bed, a fully equipped kitchen, AC (for those hot summer days), firewood, smores stuff, and even some dog treats if you bring your furry friend with you!
- If you want something to do outside the cabins, we suggest checking out WildFlyer Mead Company. Fifteen minutes from the cabins, you’ll be able to learn about beehives, go honey tasting, and sip on some mead at this historic farm.
4. StarStruck Glamping
Website: StarStruck Glamping
Address: 1601 SE Loma Prieta Rd, Alpine, TX 79830, United States
Phone: +1 432-300-6623
Prices: From $249 per night
StarStruck Glamping, in the middle of Terlingua Ranch, has all the comforts of home, such as air conditioning, WiFi, and a spa-like bathroom. You’ll find an outdoor lounge and firepit out on the private patio area.
Use their free telescope and get a front-row seat to the stars, galaxies, and planets as StrarStruck Glamping Domes are under the world’s largest Protected Dark Sky Reserve—80 acres of mountain views & serenity.
- Go hiking! Several hiking trails are nearby, including the Lost Mine Trail and the South Rim Trail. The Lost Mine Trail is a strenuous hike leading to a spectacular Chisos Mountains view. The South Rim Trail is a more moderate hike with awesome views of the Chihuahuan Desert.
5. Treehouse on Lake Conroe
Address: Wilis, TX
Prices: From $195 per night
This cozy retreat lets you enjoy all the comforts of home with a rustic twist—you’re staying in a literal treehouse. With its secluded location right across from the San Jacinto River Preserve, this treehouse offers a one-of-a-kind glamping experience for couples, as there is only one double bed inside.
The treehouse also has a private bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen, and even a bathtub on the secluded deck for a unique bathing experience while overlooking the moonlit creek.
- Take a kayaking adventure down the San Jacinto River Preserve. Paddle through lush marshland and as you drift downstream, keep an eye out for native birds and other animals, such as river otters and beavers.
6. Natura Wellness Retreat
Website: Natura Wellness Retreat
Address: 15901 Butera Rd, Magnolia, TX 77355, United States
Phone: +1 936-718-1991
- Monday to Friday – 8 AM to 7 PM
- Saturday – 8 AM to 7:30 PM
- Sunday – 9 AM to 5 PM
Prices: From $160 per night
Natura Wellness Retreat may be the perfect spot for you if you want a holistic glamping experience—and it’s just 40 minutes away from Houston. There are three spacious and luxurious tents with amenities like queen-size beds, private bathrooms, and a fire pit.
More than just a campground, also Natura offers natural healing and wellness services to enhance relaxation. Enjoy a relaxing personal yoga session, try Reiki healing for deep relaxation, or join their guided meditation sessions!
If you’d rather tap into the power of nature, then they have Shinrin-Yoku, also known as Forest Bathing. Or get creative in the kitchen with their Italian Cooking Class—learn authentic Italian recipes while sipping wine and creating delicious dishes.
- If you’re an angler like us, try their stocked ponds for catch-and-release fishing. No license needed too. The pond has fish like bass, bream, catfish, and more.
7. Bee Weaver Honey Farm
Website: Bee Weaver Honey Farm
Address: 16481 County Rd 319, Navasota, TX 77868, United States
Phone: +1 737-230-3435
- Monday to Thursday – 9 AM to 4 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 9 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday – 12 PM to 4PM
Prices: From $145 per night
Bee Weaver Honey Farm’s rustic charm and natural beauty make it the perfect place for a glamping getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Nestled in the countryside, it’s surrounded by rolling hills and a lush garden with bee hives.
You won’t have to drive far to get here as the farm is roughly an hour away from the city. No need to pack a bunch either, as their spacious bell tents are luxuriously furnished, comfortable, and equipped with everything you need for a hassle-free experience.
Kick back, relax, or do what we did and explore the honeybee colonies up close with their private bee experience. They also have public tours of the bee farm, a wildflower mead tour, and a store where you purchase tons of farm-fresh honey!
- If you’re glamping with a group, we recommend booking their Our After Buzz in advance. It’s an exclusive event just for your group with honey tasting, tours of the hives, private mead sip & shop, dinner, and dessert.